I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but 2016 is huge for video! Just consider these statistics:
- 55% of people watch videos every day.
- 78% of people watch videos online every week.
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line increases open rates by 19%, boosts click-through-rate by 65%, and reduces unsubscribes by 26%.
There are many reasons and benefits in favor of the video content but here are 4:
- The typical attention span of a net surfer is less than one of a goldfish, 8 seconds, so you might not want to wait that long to introduce your topic;
- It qualifies leads immediately, so people will know either to stay or leave;
- Producing for a drop off effect means having a short, concise and entertaining video, with no bad parts as they were all cut out to save time;
- With a short video, you don’t lose time, and respect your audience’s time too.
However, keep in mind that, whatever video you make, it has to be top quality!
Take a look at explainer videos we at Myevideo produced for clients in the Higher Education Business:
Video 1: Explainer video for Concordia University IT Bootcamp that offers a 12 week coding program.
Video 2: Emerson Educational Consulting is helping students get answers when choosing colleges. They are a knowledgeable guide.
Video 3: Penn Foster created a series of 3 videos, this one they explains their College.
If you’d like to learn more about explainer videos, go ahead and download our ebook!